Monday 31 October 2011

Hallowe'en notes

I am writing this entry on Hallowe'en although where I live we do not have trick or treaters as it is quite remote. When I was a child we did not celebrate Hallowe'en at all. The big night was Bonfire Night but the night before was Mischief Night when children did just that. They swapped people's gates round and rang doorbells. Nothing too serious and most people took it in good part as they had done the same in their childhood.

I was very upset on Saturday morning when I went to feed my pair of little bantams and found that the fox had torn his way in through the wooden back of their ark and they were gone, leaving just a few feathers. I had had them about three years and had thought they were safe as they were in an enclosed pen and wooden hut.

I have been working on my website and have added a page about my new book, Goole, a Pictorial History Vol. 4.

I have also added some new pictures onto my old photo pages.

Molly is still growing and learning! She comes back most of the time when I whistle but is sometimes distracted by all the lovely smells. Also she does not seem to have grasped the idea that the clocks have gone back an hour. No lie in on Sunday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment