Wednesday 16 November 2011

Richard Cooper Street, Goole

My new book about the history of Goole seems to be going well - I think that quite a few are being bought as Xmas presents.

I have had quite a lot of interest in the pictures of the Richard Cooper Street coronation street party which appears on the front cover and, with another one, inside. It was then a very close community and it is very sad that both Richard Cooper Street and Phoenix Street are now demolished.

I had several Richard Cooper Street pictures to choose from. Here is one I did not use and wonder if anyone would like to identify the children shown here. I think it also dates from 1953.

Although it was identified to me as Richard Cooper Street, there is a chance that it is not and so I would be very grateful to know.

Richard Cooper Street party picture

No comments:

Post a Comment