Tuesday 17 May 2011

Changing face of Howden - a talk on 1st June

I had a bit of a surprise yesterday when I received a phone call from Sue Chapman, chair of the Howden Civic Society. The speaker for the next meeting was unable to attend and so she wondered if I could give a talk at short notice.

So instead of hearing about herbal remedies the members will be looking at  pictures of Howden, showing how much it has changed over the years. In  fact the Market Place and the central area of the town have remained much the same and new buildings have fitted in well  but there have been bigger changes in other areas.

Luckily Arthur Henrickson who has always been a keen photographer took many photos of Howden as it changed and I shall be incorporating some of these pictures into my talk.

So why not come along on 1st June to the Masonic Hall at 7.30pm. And if you want a preview explore the Howden pages and photos on my website - Howdenshire History.

No comments:

Post a Comment