Sunday 22 May 2011

Family history day at Goole

I had a long day at the Waterways Museum yesterday at the family history event. I took copies of my local history books to sell (history of Eastrington, history of Gilberdyke and histories of Goole) as well as prints of many of my old photographs. I also had a display on screen of many of the local pictures.

The museum is down Dutch Riverside and not everyone knows it's there but it is well worth a visit. There is a small cafe and you can go on boat rides around the docks.

Unfortunately not too may people found the museum yesterday and although those of us manning the stalls, most of whom are all friends, had time for a chat, we did not see many new faces. I was able to help some visitors who wanted advice on how to trace their family tree but it was much quieter than last year.

This morning I had hoped to do some gardening but it is very windy and cool. I was pleased however to hear a cuckoo in the tall trees at the back of the garden. I do not think I heard one as close last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment