Sunday, 15 May 2011

Welcome to my blog

I have been interested in local history for many years and also in family history. My mother's ancestors, the Nurse family, have lived in Eastrington since the seventeenth century and so learning about the history of the village meant I also learned about my own family at the same time.

After several years teaching history to children at Howden School I moved on to teach local history to adults for the WEA and have long-running classes in Goole, Howden and Eastrington.

I also write articles and books about local history and work as a professional genealogist with a special interest in Yorkshire.

In any spare time I am a keen gardener, trying to tame a plot of about an acre although the weeds usually win. I also keep a few chickens, a cat and share the house with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget