Saturday 31 December 2022

Happy New Year

 I am writing this on a gloomy Saturday afternoon, the last in 2022 and the last day of the year.  We have had great heat and extreme cold - I hope that 2023 will bring calmer weather. My snowdrops and daffodils are well up  and, as my mother used to say when she wrote Country Notes in the Goole Times. every day is ' a cockstride lighter'.

I am looking forward to seeing friends in both Skelton and Goole history groups which resume in a few days but in the meantime  I have been busy sorting out old photos.  I have put 60 of them into a slideshow which I hope will work.  They are a varied selection from some of the local villages - some coloured and others left black and white. They are by no means all I have of the villages included but I hope they will entertain on this New Year's Eve. 



Best wishes for 2023.





No comments:

Post a Comment